We love working with customers and showing them how they can approach healthier lifestyle changes with their pet(s). Read more to find some different wellness practices to try with your dog or cat as this new year gets started!
Hello 2021! A new year means new resolutions!
While many pet parents begin the new year by starting new commitments for themselves, there are many ways for pets to be included as well! Here at The Pet Beastro, we love working with customers and showing them how they can approach healthier lifestyle changes with their pet(s). Below are some different wellness practices to try with your dog or cat as this new year gets started!
1. Incorporate any raw or fresh food:
2. Go for daily walks or incorporate playtime/mental stimulation (interactive toys, puzzles, long lasting chews):
- West Paw Toys
- Outward Hound Interactive Toys
- Ziwi Peak Venison Shank
- Water Buffalo Horn
- Raw bones
- Cat tunnels
- Cat Wand Chaser & Teasers
- Cat Scratchers
3. Brush teeth or incorporate a dental supplement:
- Herbsmith Dog Breath
- Pure & Natural Pet Dental Kit
- PlaqueOff Dental Powder
- Earth Animal Clean Mouth, Gum and Breath tincture
4. Learn a new trick, training is an excellent way to stimulate your pets mind.
- Einstein offers puppy classes at The Pet Beastro. Due to Covid-19 these have been put on hold but our blog has tons of great training tips here.
5. Improve your knowledge of pet first aid.
- Check out our blog post here with some awesome tips on pet first aid and remedies for your cats and dogs.
6. Update your pet’s essential info (ID/microchip).
- We offer engraved ID tags in- store if you need one.
7. Clear out old toys/accessories and add new ones to create some variety.
- We have some super fun toys you can see here.
- Cat toys with catnip - Cherry pie, Funfetti Cake, Hootiful Owls, Heart Strings
- Dog toys - Chew N Squeak, Goughnuts, Monster Mouth, Orbee Tuff, Kong Toys
8. Schedule playdates at the dog park, or dog daycare.
If you have questions or want more info about any products or lifestyle changes please feel free to call us at (248) 548-3448 and one of our knowledgeable staff members will be happy to assist you!
Happy New Year!