The Pet Beastro has put together this CoVID-19 Preparedness Plan based on Michigan’s State Executive Order No. 2020-91 to create a safe and healthy environment within our retail store. We take the health and safety of our employees, customers, and guests seriously. The Pet Beastro is committed to reducing the risk of exposure to CoVID-19 with a plan in place to provide a safe retail space.
Our plan is based on information and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) at the time of its development. Dr. Jill Tack also has additional guidance from the Naturopathic community to help support each of our staff members in their own health journey. The COVID-19 situation is frequently changing, you may see changes within our store retail space chance rapidly as the need for modifications may occur based on further guidance provided by the CDC, OSHA, and other public officials at the state or local levels as well as naturopathic communities.
The Pet Beastro has some basic guidelines put in place to support the safety of our employees and customers:
- Limiting the number of customers to 6 at a time in our retail store during business hours.
- Asking customers and employees to wear a face-covering upon entering the retail store space.
- Be aware of your social distancing and allow space between you, other employees, as well as customers and clients that are visiting to remain a minimum of 6 ft apart while in the store.
- We are committed to sanitizing and wiping all areas of concern and that would be a constant touchpoint throughout the day between customers. This includes but is not limited to keypads, keyboards, countertops, stylus pens, and other writing utensils, door handles (both enter and exit doors plus freezer door handles), bathrooms, light switches, phones, scanners, etc. We have various cleaners and disinfectants that include both natural and conventional options that are used daily and in rotation.
- We have store signage promoting a one-way flow through the store to promote space between customers and clients leading up to the checkout process. We ask that customers be aware of the floor signage throughout the store and at the register.
- We also have employees working off-site to limit the number of employees at our retail location during business hours.
Additional guidelines specific to customers and guests:
- We request that if you have been exposed or think you have been exposed within the past 14 days our staff would love to help you with your pet's needs. We will continue to offer curbside pickup or local delivery service to reduce exposure to our employees or other visiting guests. We can even bring items directly to your car for contactless pickup of your pet supply goods. If you have CoVID like symptoms the State of Michigan Executive Order asks that you refrain from entering the building and exposing others.
- If you have an appointment or consultation scheduled with any of the doctors or staff members and have recently been exposed to CoVID-19, it is requested that you postpone your appointment until you are past the 14-day mark with no symptoms and exposure period before rescheduling.
- Follow appropriate respiratory etiquette, which includes coverage for coughs and sneezes
- Maintain an appropriate social distance of six feet to the greatest extent possible
- Avoid handshaking and encourage the use of other non-contact methods of greeting
Additional information about our procedures can be found on our in-store shopping/reopening blog here.
And all employee procedures have been clearly posted in our backroom and discussed thoroughly with our staff.