The heart is a powerful muscle that has multiple functions for the body. Feeding the right food is a beneficial way to help support your dog or cat's cardiovascular health. Find out more ways to help support your pet's heart and keep it functioning at its best.
The heart is a powerful muscle that has multiple functions for the body. Many pet parents are not aware of ways to keep their dogs and cats heart-healthy and safe from damages and illness. Just like us, our pets can suffer from numerous heart issues such as congestive heart failure, heart murmurs, and the most commonly known, dilated cardiomyopathy.
Feeding species-appropriate foods/superfoods, animal organs, and herbs are all beneficial ways to help support your dog or cat’s cardiovascular health and keep it functioning at its best!
Superfoods That Are Great For Your Cat Or Dog
Cranberries, eggs, garlic are just a few foods you can add to your pet’s diet to help support a healthy heart!
- Cranberries help reduce blood clotting, blood pressure, and arterial blockage. Cranberries also contain flavonoids that help reduce oxidative stress on the body
- Eggs offer cholesterol that helps regulate cholesterol in the rest of the body. They are also a great source of vitamins, omega-3’s and antioxidants!
- Garlic helps prevent the formation of blood clots, reduces cholesterol, and is also a great source of various vitamins and minerals.
- Raw goat milk is high in taurine which is an amino acid that helps keep your dog or cat’s heart-healthy and strong!
These foods are also high in calcium and magnesium which help to normalize and strengthen the heart!
Feeding Hearts Helps Your Pet’s Heart:
Did you know that feeding organs can support the healing of the corresponding organ in your dog or cat? So feeding hearts from various animals will help support the heart health of your pet!
Feeding hearts provides your dog or cat with a great source of B vitamins and amino acids. Heart organs also contain natural CoQ10 (a coenzyme) that supports energy production and immunity of the heart. Hearts can boost collagen and support skin, coat, and joints.
The Pet Beastro has frozen and freeze-dried heart options to include as part of your pet’s everyday diet or to feed as a wholesome treat!
- Oma’s frozen turkey hearts
- Smallbatch freeze-dried heart varieties
- Oma’s freeze-dried heart varieties
- Momentum freeze-dried heart varieties
- Vital essential Chicken hearts
- Vital essential Duck hearts
Which Dog & Cat Supplements Can Support Heart Health?
- Omega-3 fatty acids are critically important for cardiovascular health. They can be found in animal and plant-based oils such as flaxseed, coconut, or sardine oil.
- Coenzyme Q10 and taurine are great supplements to support a healthy heart and cardiovascular system. As mentioned above, food and treats contain coq10 and taurine, but both are available as supplements as well.
- Hearth Health from Animal Essentials is also another great option to give to your dog or cat. This supplement consists of garlic, ginkgo, and hawthorn berries. All fantastic herbs to support your pet’s heart.
- Lastly, hemp oil also supports cardiovascular health by protecting blood vessels and arteries, reducing irregular heart rates and blood pressure associated with stress.
Stop in our store located in Madison Heights, Michigan, or shop 24/7 via our online pet food store. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at 248-548-3448.