Did you know raw milk is excellent for pets? Most dog and cat parents have been warned to never give their cat or dog milk, but that isn't always the case. There is a vast difference between what you find in our freezer at our store and what you purchase at the grocery store. Read more to find out the benefits of giving your pets raw milk.
Raw milk is excellent for pets! Most dog and cat parents have been warned to never give their cat or dog milk as it will give your pet digestive issues or dreaded diarrhea. There is a vast difference between what you find in our freezer at our store and what you purchase at the grocery store. Read more to find out the benefits of giving your pets raw milk. Currently, in the State of Michigan (and many other states across the country), it is illegal to purchase raw milk for human consumption. You may have bought into a cow or goat share with a local farmer that will net you the “real deal”.
What happens with our milk at the grocery store? All milk at the grocery store has undergone a process of heated pasteurization. This process completely depletes the vitamin, minerals, and naturally occurring digestive enzymes of the milk. These harsh processes no longer make it a “raw milk” leaving it hollow from nutrient depletion and can cause stomach upset for pets.
Primal Raw Goat Milk For Cats & Dogs
At The Pet Beastro, we carry several brands of raw milk as each company has different benefits to offer for your pet. Primal Pet Foods is the first to come out with functional, flavored raw goat milk that both cats and dogs love. This nutrient-rich milk is great for hydration and also includes vitamins, minerals, probiotics, electrolytes, no synthetic vitamins, is gluten-free, and is manufactured in the USA by certified farmers. This goat milk, once thawed, can be stored in the refrigerator or you can refreeze it in ice cube trays or enrichment mats for additional mental stimulation on those rainy days ahead.
The quart size, or 32 oz bottle, and all flavors will be discounted to a great low price of $9.99 for the month of May. As an added bonus, Primal Pet Foods offers a frequent buyer program of buy 12, get 1 free on their goat milk. It is electronically tracked under your loyalty account making it super simple for our pet parents!
Your pet can enjoy Primal’s Goat Milk in the following paw-licking flavors:
7 Reasons To Use Goat Milk For Cats And Dogs
- Cats and dogs of all ages! Any age pet can have goat milk. Young animals do well with goat milk as it’s the closest to mother’s milk and known as the “universal milk”. Senior pets do well with goat milk as it helps balance nutrition and enhances meals.
- Pets with pancreatitis issues as it’s a low-fat option.
- Pets with tummy troubles. Believe it or not, it often soothes digestive upset from diarrhea, stomach gurgling, vomiting, etc.
- Fast digesting with bioavailable nutrients makes it easy to digest and absorb for pets with diagnosed ailments.
- Great for pets with allergies. The probiotic content can help repopulate the gut with good bacteria helping to reduce allergy symptoms.
- Helps with hydration and electrolytes to keep your pet's urinary system healthy.
- Multi-pet households where both cats and dogs can enjoy!
4 Ways To Serve Goat Milk In Your Pets Diet:
- Use it as a daily topper. This can entice and enhance your pet's bowl helping with proper meal portions if you have a picky eater.
- Feed as a small meal before bedtime. This can help satiate pets who act hungry or don’t handle a long fast from dinner time to breakfast.
- Thaw and refreeze into ice cubes, treats, or interactive mats and toys. This is a great way to keep your pup entertained on a busy day with a healthy treat.
- Rehydrate freeze-dried foods with goat milk instead of water. This will give an added boost to the food.
While it may be tempting to purchase milk from the grocery store, whether it be cost or convenience, we don’t recommend this type of milk product for your pets. Primal Pet Foods has company standards that meet or exceed our Beastro Promise. Visit us online or stop by our natural pet food, treats, toys, and supply store to learn more. Any of our staff members would be happy to help you choose the right goat milk for your pets!